"ERAC has met several times with a small group of district teacher-librarians and has developed the following plan to support district teacher-librarian leaders to enable them to provide training and in-service to school based teacher-librarians and teachers in their districts across the province:
- ERAC will produce a video showcasing teachers and students who currently use World Book and EBSCO highlighting the benefits of embracing these new resources
- ERAC will contract two teacher-librarians to develop a toolkit of resources for districts to use in implementing the databases, such as PowerPoint presentations, webinars (in partnership with the vendors), just-in-time training vignettes, podcasts, bookmarks to be taken home by students, etc. A focus group or pilot district will be used to ensure that these materials are appropriate to be used provincially
- ERAC will host a workshop (one or perhaps two days) where districts will be encouraged to send their district teacher-librarian leaders and perhaps others who will be implementation leaders to experience a training event and understand how the toolkit can be used locally
- Should an individual district wish ERAC to deliver the training to school based teacher-librarians and teachers, a fee for service agreement can be put in place
- ERAC has already developed a technical support plan that is in place and is being used district-by-district as appropriate and needed
- ERAC will create and disseminate a communication to district contacts and superintendents ensuring that people know and understand the depth and breadth of the support for this initiative
We will be developing the materials and tools between now and Spring Break. We will offer the workshop in April. This is a support plan produced by teacher-librarians for teacher librarians and that the toolkit will be developed by teacher-librarians and in-serviced at a workshop given by teacher-librarians.
ERAC wants to ensure that districts get full value from their investment in these resources and that teacher-librarians are at the forefront of the implementation".