Did you know that a BC teacher-librarian sits on the BC Book Prizes Board of Directors? For the past three years, BCTLA and BCTF have been represented ably by Judy McConnell, teacher-librarian at Port Moody Secondary School. Thank you, Judy!
Nominees for the Sheila A. Egoff Children's Literature Prize:
- The Alchemist's Dream by John Wilson (Key Porter Books)
- Baboon: A Novel by David Jones (Annick Press)
- The Corps of the Bare-Boned Plane by Polly Horvath (Groundwood Books)
- For Now by Gayle Friesen (Kids Can Press)
- Porcupine by Meg Tilly (Tundra Books)